Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pre-Kindergarten

Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Alford, Adriana has been able to participate in a pre-kindergarten program through BYU, designed for children who will be starting kindergarten in the fall. It's a cross between their preschool and kindergarten curriculums, beginning June 21st and running Monday - Thursday until August 5th. Adriana loves it! She's already made several new friends, and she comes home each day with stories and fun activities she did or new things she learned. As much as I really enjoyed doing the Mother Goose Time preschool program with her, I think that the structure and bigger class size of pre-kindergarten will really help prepare Adriana for kindergarten in August. It's been good practice for me, too, needing to schedule my day around dropping her off and picking her up from school. I've decided that I really like the PM schedule, even though originally I had thought I would want mornings. I hope we're assigned a PM kindergarten class. Still waiting for that classroom assignment to come.

I told Adriana that I wanted to take some pictures of her on her first day of school. This is what I got.
Pictures in her classroom were even less effective. I had to be careful not to take pictures of the other children, and Adriana was not happy about having to wait a minute before getting to start "centers." Ah well. Just take my word that it's a fun classroom and she's having a great time.

1 comment:

Marie said...

There's the Adriana we know and love. :) I'm glad she's enjoying pre-K so much! How are you doing with the shuttling back and forth? That's one thing I'm not looking forward to when Evelyn starts pre-K next month, but I know it's only the beginning. I'm sure she is going to love it, though.