Like most toddlers, Miriam has a definite opinion on fashion and what she wants to eat and do, and in what order. She likes to make up songs, help Mom in the kitchen, and do whatever her big sister is doing. It's funny, but when Miriam is around Adriana she is very loud and has lots of energy. When it's just her one-on-one, Miriam is actually a very mellow kid who (usually) likes to follow me around and help with whatever I'm doing.
In honor of her birthday this weekend we had a party of sorts. I don't start doing themed birthday parties with lots of friends until the fourth birthday, so we had a few friends and relatives over and decorated cupcakes (Grandpa won the award for coolest decorating),
then played outside in the sprinklers and used up 100 water balloons (they were gone so fast that I didn't get any pictures)
and had popsicles.
There were a few presents, of course. Miriam had lots of help opening them. The biggest hits of the day were the fairy wings and tutu from Grandma and Grandpa. Miriam let me know that she couldn't fly "for real" with them because "dey not have batteries."
Then for the actual birthday today my mom made a cake (pink cake, with pink frosting and flowers, and pink ice cream) and we had a few relatives over for cake and ice cream.
All in all, a nice weekend. Happy birthday, Miriam!
3 comments:
I love your description of your sweet three year old. I love her name. That is interesting about how she is without big sister around. I will have to notice the difference with my little girl when her big brother is not around. There definitely might be a difference in the way she acts.
fun! And I like your new family picture! How lucky to get both girls smiling. Babies are cute even if they don't smile.
and uncle ken wins the award for the most icing in a single cupcake!
Post a Comment