Then yesterday I took the kids to Macey's Fish Festival. They got to try some seafood, something we don't eat a lot of around here (Adriana's been begging me for salmon ever since--she may have to wait a while). We colored some fish pictures, played a fishing game and won some small prizes, we looked for the hidden fish, estimated how many goldfish crackers were in the bottle, and then against my better judgment I decided to let Adriana play a game where she had to throw a ping pong ball into a small fish bowl, similar to a type of game you might see at an amusement park. It looked difficult and I knew she would be disappointed, but to my surprise and against all odds, she got one in on her first try! For her prize she got to pick out a goldfish. I wasn't sure if goldfish and guppies would co-exist peacefully, but I was glad we already had a tank and I was willing to give it a try. After all, goldfish food is cheap. :)
I confess that I love this next new addition to the family much more than fish. We have a van! We bought my parents' old minivan and I am loving it! It makes taking all three kids places so much easier, not to mention fitting in groceries or picking up friends for play dates possible.
That's it for now. Including the family of snails Adriana has recently adopted and created homes for, that I insist need to stay outside, I think our family is big enough for the time being.
1 comment:
oh, and I forgot to say that I always forget about the library crafts-I need to remember to take Christopher there. And yay for a van! We borrowed one on saturday and Christopher wanted us to get one. We told him it would be a while-like when we have 4 kids.
Post a Comment