Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our Prizefighter

Last Sunday when we were at Glen and Octavia's house, Adriana got smacked in the eye by the teeter-totter on their swingset. She's got quite the shiner. We're not exactly sure how, but she even lost most of the eyelashes on her eye. We were very grateful that the injury is just on the eyelid and around the eye--her eye itself didn't seem to be damaged at all and her vision hasn't been affected. The pictures don't do it justice, but here's the eye at breakfast the next morning.
The swelling has gone down almost completely. I was a little worried that it might scar so I bought some Vitamin E cream today to rub on it. Adriana didn't want to hold still for a picture tonight after her bath, but this is what the eye looks like now.Kenny calls her "my little boxer" and he proudly showed her eye off at work yesterday. I'm just glad we don't have any family pictures scheduled for the next while. Eyelashes will grow back by August, don't you think?

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, that's quite the eye wound. I can only imagine what it looked like in person.

Rob and Marseille said...

It's good to document these things. We saw a pic of Christopher with a shiner and couldn't remember how he got it, so we looked back on the blog.

glassGirl said...

These look like somebody's Facebook pictures from a preschool frat party. :)