Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I thoroughly enjoyed all of my parenting "firsts" this Mother's Day. Adriana actually sang during Sacrament Meeting, and caught my eye several times to give me her classic big grin, which made me tear up a little. I got to be "Mom in a bag" for Primary, which is a funny tradition our ward does for with parents for Mother's Day and Father's Day. I was covered up by a huge bag (made out of a king-sized sheet, with the bottom open and a drawstring at the top), then guided in to the Primary room where the children asked yes/no questions and tried to figure out whose mother it is. When I went in several children called out questions like, "Are you Clark's mom? Are you Mitch's mom? Are you Jenna's mom?" But then I heard Adriana ask, "Do you have any pets?" She did figure it out eventually and was thrilled to see her mom emerge from the bag. This was also my first Mother's Day where my girls "made" me breakfast in bed. Only a few spills on the dry clean only bedspread. (Yeah, didn't realize it was dry clean only when I bought it. Not the most practical with small children in the house.)

The Saturday before Mother's Day our primary had a brunch for mothers and grandmothers. We were fortunate to be able to have both grandmothers attend--my mother-in-law is in town to help with a new baby and visit with children and grandchildren in Utah. At the brunch the children each served their mothers, and then there was a small program. It was a nice activity.

1 comment:

Marie said...

What a fun Mother's Day! I think that brunch is a great idea. Maybe we can do it in our ward next year....