I have been pleasantly surprised at what a good experience having the guinea pigs has been so far. I know, it hasn't even been a full week yet, but still. I was a little worried that the day or two after I would seriously regret this decision, be bothered by the smell, the girls would lose interest or refuse to help take care of them (at least Adriana; I'm not sure how helpful Miriam's "help" would be), or something. Not so. Adriana helps me give them food and water each morning and is more than happy to play with them as often as I'm willing to take them out of their cage. The only time I really notice their smell is when Adriana's door has been closed all night, and even then it's not overwhelming.
The biggest surprise has been how quickly Miriam has warmed up to our new pets. The first thing she wants to do in the morning is go see the "innies," and she frequently pushes a little chair over in front of the cage, climbs up, and then talks to and tries to pet the guinea pigs. The funny thing is that the guinea pigs will often "talk" back, which makes her bounce up and down and squeal in excitement. Miriam even likes to hold them now on her own.
So yeah, I think that Patches and Skunk are here to stay.
Studying with Dad
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment