Sunday, February 8, 2009

Daddy-Daughter Date

Adriana and Kendall went on a Daddy-Daughter date yesterday. They went to the Nickelcade, which was apparently a big hit. For those who have not had the privilege of visiting the Nickelcade, or a similar establishment, basically it is a glorified arcade where everything can be played with nickels. Here are Adriana and her Daddy excited to get on their way:

Every time I have asked her, Adriana's favorite game has changed. She liked the riding and the driving games, and dancing is always fun.


Hands down, though, her favorite games were those that won her tickets. And more importantly, she loved the things she could "buy" with her tickets. 122 tickets can buy you a lot of fun things when you're three. A pink kazoo, a finger puppet, a lizard, a pink flower necklace, a toy horse, and a lollipop, to be exact.


I'm glad they had so much fun. I'm also glad that Kendall kindly timed their Daddy-Daughter date for during Miriam's nap, so I had a few hours to myself.

1 comment:

Marie said...

How fun! I know David would love to do more daddy daughter dates with Evelyn. We need to find a way to fit them into his busy schedule more often. A week or two after Edison was born David took Evelyn to the mall, let her play at the play area, and then they got a big pretzel (free with a coupon she earned from the library's summer reading program). She surprised us by bringing it up the other day. It obviously made a big impression on her. :) And, of course, I loved daddy daughter dates with Dad growing up. It's just such a great idea!