Saturday, January 1, 2011

Alford Family Pictures

So much to blog about! I've been a bit of a slacker the past month and a half. It's going to take me a good long while to wade through the literally more than 800 pictures I have from Thanksgiving (I know, I know, haven't even posted those!), Ken and Rachel's wedding, Christmas, and all of the Alford and Sawyer family gatherings we've had the past few weeks. I don't even want to think about getting started on documenting all of that right now. Mostly I just wanted to get our family picture changed on the blog. Yes, I confess that I am vain. I wanted a picture of our family that included Darren, of course, but I haven't loved looking at myself with 20 extra pounds every time I log on to our blog. Bleh.

Marie and her family were here visiting for the wedding and over Christmas, so we had Alford family pictures taken. It was the first time we've all been together (well, obviously, because Rachel wasn't a member of the family until two weeks ago), and even though the picture will be outdated in less than two months when Christine has her baby, we weren't sure when we'd all be together again. Our family has about reached the limit where we can't successfully take a family picture in a studio, although for having six small children (with Adriana as the oldest and two small babies), I thought we did pretty well. Here was the best one of the whole group:
We tried to get a picture of the six grandkids, but baby Grant was ready to be done with pictures by then. This was one of the last pictures we took. I can't believe how grown up Adriana looks here. She did such a good job with pictures that day, and with helping her younger siblings.
Luckily Marie and her family got a darling picture taken before, and that was the one that really counted for them.

I was impressed with how well my kids behaved for the grandkids picture, and really through the whole afternoon. We had several shots taken of our family, but this one was my favorite overall because it captured Adriana's laugh/smile, and I love Darren's little grin. What a handsome little guy!
Here's Mom and Dad.
I thought this picture was great. Both my sisters look adorable when they're pregnant. How is that even possible? I just look....uncomfortable. And huge. I love how this picture showcases Christine's super cute pregnancy belly.

And because there weren't enough pictures of Ken and Rachel taken the week before at their wedding......
Actually, Dad had a picture taken of them so that the studio could make this montage.
All in all, I'd call it a success. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for the pictures!

2 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

If you are holding onto a few extra pounds it certainly doesn't show. You look awesome! A fantastic family photo!

Suzanne said...

Nope, I've lost the baby weight now. I meant our family picture that was on the blog from when Darren was about six weeks old.