Friday, December 17, 2010

It Was Bound to Happen Sometime

I walked in to the kitchen on Tuesday morning to find a suspicious pile of hair on the floor. Yep, Miriam had decided to get creative with the scissors. Even better, my brother is getting married this week and we'll be having family pictures in a week. Here's the haircut after I was done with it. When Miriam first saw it she started crying and said, "I don't like it. Put my hair back on, Mommy!"
I know, it could have been much worse. At least I was able to salvage enough so she still looks like a girl. And at least it didn't happen the morning of the wedding as we were heading out the door. Even so, I was not pleased. Luckily, I happened to take this picture of Miriam's hair about a month ago, so I can remember how long it was.
On the plus side, we haven't had any oatmeal, syrup, or various parts of dinner stuck in her hair since it was cut, I haven't had the daily battles over brushing Miriam's hair, and it is pretty easy to decide how to fix it. Besides, it was an excuse to get a lot more hair clips, bows, and headbands (thank you, Tiffany Garvin!). I loved Miriam's long hair and I never in a million years would have cut it this short by choice, but if I'm being completely honest I have to admit that I think it's pretty cute. The haircut seems to match Miriam's mischievous personality.

1 comment:

Brent and Janae Pickett said...

I think her hair looks so cute!!