Grandma Jeanne was in town and was able to come over for family home evening when we put up and decorated the Christmas tree. That's right, I fall in the "put the tree together because I'm too cheap to buy a real Christmas tree and I grew up with an artificial tree anyway and so it doesn't bother me and a pine-scented candle works just fine" camp.
Putting the nativity was a highlight of the evening. It was Miriam's family night so she shared the story of the Savior's birth with us, with prompting from her big sister. This is actually the same nativity set that my family had when I was growing up.
Another Christmas tradition we have continued from my childhood is making a gingerbread house. My mom made one with us every year, and even made and sold them for several years. Lucky for us Grandma is willing to come over and help us with this tradition. Our cousin, Catherine, also came over to help. I'm not sure why Adriana was wearing a baby hat. ????
I still have the wedding, cousin visits, and Christmas, but at least I'm closer now! More posts to follow.
1 comment:
I still remember that AMAZING gingerbread house you gave me for Christmas one year (senior year? Pretty sure...). It was gorgeous!
Post a Comment