Being a member of the faculty at BYU comes with some nice perks, such as a discount at the bookstore, insanely long amounts of time you can check books out from the library, and sometimes free fudge at Christmastime. My personal favorite, however, was a wonderful thing called an A-lot sticker you get for your car that allows you to park in (surprise!) faculty parking (a.k.a. the best parking spots on campus). And an A-C-G-Y (faculty-dorms-graduate students-general student parking) is even better. Even though I was only a part-time faculty member, when I started working in January 2007, I was still issued a faculty I.D. card and a parking sticker for my car. And even though in December of 2007 I decided not to renew my contract with BYU so that I could stay home full-time with my children, my A-lot sticker did not expire until October 15, 2008.
I've had no qualms with continuing to park in close, convenient, don't have to run back out to my car with a special parking pass for my car like other patrons A-lot spaces when we go to the Bean Museum. Zipping up to the Wilkinson Center to mail, copy, or fax things isn't a problem when I can easily park nearby. It also made taking the girls up to see Grandpa's new office (and be treated for ice cream at the Cougar Eat) so simple today. Here are a few pictures from our outing:
Five more days. Ah, I'll miss you, little sticker....
2 comments:
Hey - what was in the background of that last picture? It looks like a spotlight on Dad. Where is it?
It was nice you got to keep you sticker for so long.
Goodbye sticker. I remember having our graduate ones and loving it. This one is even better! What is your dad teaching now? You must be so happy to have your parents in the valley now!
Post a Comment