Someone mentioned today that I need to post more often on our blog. I hadn't realized it'd been so long and I've got a lot of catching up to do. Hence the deluge of entries you're getting today. :)
Last Friday we went on our first preschool field trip--berry picking down at a farm in Payson. We enjoyed having Octavia and Catherine come with us, although for some reason I didn't get any pictures of either of them. The blackberries were huge, with a lot of them low enough for the kids to reach, and the best part was that they were thornless. I've never seen thornless blackberries before (ours certainly are of the thorned variety!). There were raspberries as well, but they were harder to pick so we mostly ended up with blackberries. Enough to snack on and then make a blackberry and raspberry custard pie that weekend. Yum. Here are some pictures from our outing. Miriam wasn't happy being confined to a stroller (necessary, since she kept trying to pick and eat all of the berries she could reach and we hadn't weighed and paid for them yet), or having to wear the bonnet (couldn't find her sun hat as we were leaving that morning). Adriana had a great time, although there were a few times her mouth was suspiciously black.....
1 comment:
Sounds like the trip was a success!
I especially loved the second-to-last picture: priceless!
Post a Comment