Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference Weekend


I love Conference weekend, but I do admit that it's been harder to stay focused and hear every talk since we've had kids. This morning especially was by far the most meaningful and peaceful Conference session I've experienced in a while. Thank you, to my friend Janie who passed along a Conference children's activities packet to me. Not only was Adriana entertained, she was actually listening ("They just said families, Mom!" or "He's talking about the Book of Mormon!" as she'd search for the right squares on her Bingo sheet; "He's wearing glasses and a tie!" as she colored the appropriate items on her tally sheet....). Adriana's activities booklet even engaged her for part of the the second session too, along with giving Mom a new clip/bobby pin/elastic/sparkly hairdo. It also helped that Miriam was down for a nap for the first hour this morning, as well as most of the second session of Conference. Of course, she was plenty active once she was up, but I'll take what I can get. :)


3 comments:

Marie said...

That's so nice for you that Adriana was entertained for a lot of Conference. Evelyn did pretty well during Conference, too, partly due to a "reverence tent" that we made. We got the idea from a story in this month's Ensign. And even though it's only been a few months since we were out in Utah, Miriam looks so big! And I think she's looking more like the Sawyer side of the family, although she and Adriana are definitely sisters.

Marie said...

Oops. I mean we got the idea for the tent from this month's Friend magazine.

Christine said...

Those are both smart ideas! I'll keep them in mind for the future...