Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We Have a Kindergartener!

The long-awaited first day of kindergarten finally came today for Miriam.  At our school, grades 1-6 start a week before kindergarten, so Miriam's been ready.  She said she was excited but nervous, but her first words when I picked her up today were, "Kindergarten was fun, Mama!"  Here are some pictures from today.
 
 


 
 
 
 


All smiles picking her up today.

This was taken at back to school night last week.


To celebrate her first day, I took Darren and Miriam to Village Inn for lunch (helped that I had coupons for a Free Kid's Meal for each of them, and that Wednesdays are Free Pie Day at Village Inn :).



I didn't have tears saying good-bye to Miriam today like I did with Adriana (and I wasn't as nervous about it), but this is still a bittersweet milestone.  I'm so excited for her and all she'll be learning, but it will be strange to have her gone every morning.  I must confess, though, that the blow was softened more than a bit when the entire walk home Darren kept repeating, "I love you, Mommy.  I love you, Mommy.  I love you, Mommy" and then just giggling and getting excited pointing out a bird or a tree.  Then at home he was excited to help me with laundry and cleaning up from breakfast.  This may not be such a bad thing having only one child home in the morning for the next few months.  Enjoy it while it lasts, little man, because in February your world is going to be completely rocked.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your kids are getting SO big! How exciting to have them in school again. I love the snacks you made on the first day as well--super creative! Hope you guys are great!

r_turner47@hotmail.com said...

Welcome back! I'm loving all of the updates!