Thursday, April 1, 2010

Field Trip to the Hogle Zoo

On Monday our preschool group all went on a field trip to the Hogle Zoo, to correspond with March's theme of "Going on a Safari." Kendall had arranged to have the day off of work to come with us. I was very grateful to have him there, because I don't think I was up to a full day of driving there, walking around, and pushing kids by myself at 35 weeks pregnant. Besides, the kids had more fun with him there anyway. Here are some pictures from our day.

Pretending to be prairie dogs.
Playing on the playground.Lots of fun animals. A favorite was the baby elephant, Zuri.
We ended the day with a ride on the carousel. Adriana chose to ride a poison dart frog, and Miriam wanted an elephant.
The weather was absolutely perfect. In between all these days of wind, snow, and dirt storms we've been having here in Utah, we managed to go on a day that was warm without being too cold or too hot, and it was cloudy enough that we didn't get sun burned. My kids had never been to the Hogle Zoo before (although they have been to the National Zoo in D.C. and the LA Zoo). and I haven't been since I was about 10 years old. Compared to the National and LA Zoos it's pretty small and expensive, but it was perfect for our trip. We were able to see everything there before everyone was too tired. I doubt that we'll have any more "family trips" before the baby is born, so I'm glad we were all able to go on this one. Fun times!

2 comments:

Candice McWhorter said...

yay!!!! and SO awesome that you only have about one month left!!!! You look adorable bytheway...cute lil belly-love it!

Rian Krommenhoek said...

Funny, we went to the zoo too. I guess even long distance we still have the Learning Zoo Preschool in our blood. Looks like a great field trip. We all miss you guys and preschool too.