I responded to an ad on Craigslist yesterday for a microfiber couch. Apparently I was the first one to respond, and after family home evening last night I went and took a look at it. I really really liked it (the color was more of a golden tan, not the gray tan that so many neutral colored microfiber couches are) and it was a good price, so after discussing it with Kenny I went ahead and bought it. I've been looking for a few months for a microfiber couch (easier to clean with kids, looks nicer than most fabric couches) that was a good deal. Even better, the couple that I purchased it from owned a truck, and they offered to deliver it that night for me for free. Hurray, I finally had a new couch!
For anyone who has visited us recently, you know how beat up and worn out our main couch was getting. We've had it and our matching loveseat and oversized chair for almost seven years, and we bought them used. Besides being filthy, the seat cushions on the main couch were getting holes on both sides. I bought a slipcover last year, but it wasn't the greatest fit because the couch is longer than most standard couches and it became so annoying having to readjust it every five minutes (with kids on it all the time) that I stopped using it.
So last night around 8:30 I now had two couches in our living room. I figured I should try to sell the old couch, if for no other reason than to clear up some space, so I put an ad up on Craigslist and KSL Classifieds. On a whim I listed the couch (with FREE slipcover!! wahoo) for the same price that I had just bought our new couch. To my surprise, someone saw the ad on KSL and called within a few minutes of my placing the ad. She came by with her husband that night, they loved the couch (yes, we took off the slipcover and showed them the condition of the cushions), were excited about getting a slipcover, and they bought it. They'll be picking it up on Saturday.
They did negotiate a bit on the cost, and we dropped it $15 from our original asking price. So we bought and sold a couch all in one evening, and we're only out $15. OK, minus the tithing from our profit on the new couch, but that is still an amazing deal. Next on my search for a good classified find? A bunkbed.....
5 comments:
That is awesome! I love, love, love finding good deals!
And by the way, thank you again for playing in primary last week. I hope all went well!
w00t! Craigslist FTW. I've gotten some great bookshelves for cheap, and I see some really good stuff on there sometimes.
Want me to show Kendall how to make a solid bunk bed? I made one two years ago, and need to make another in the next three weeks...
oooh, it's gorgeous! I'll bet you guys are loving it.
Great couch! Would you like our castle bunk bed? The price is right (free) and I'd help you set it up. But I did build it, so it is fun, but by no means perfect. And it is HEAVY - when in doubt add more wood. Email me if you are interested.
Post a Comment