They each even managed to find green jackets to wear.
Morning started out with green pancakes (hard to turn 100% whole wheat pancakes very green) with green syrup, and green milk to drink. Adriana decided that all she would eat that day were green foods, so we had a lot of green vegetables and fruits, green popsicles, green smoothies with dinner, green breadsticks, and even green pasta.
The night before we made a leprechaun trap. Everyone knows that if you're able to trick and catch a leprechaun, he either has to grant you three wishes or leave his gold to escape. Adriana said that she wanted to wish for her room to be clean. In the morning we didn't find a leprechaun (although something or someone had made a mess of the living room; mischievous little guy), but our leprechaun trap was filled with gold chocolate coins. They didn't last very long.
I was able to take the kids, along with two friends, to Macey's St. Patrick's Day party. I didn't get very many pictures, but we ate green brownies, drank green drinks, played games, went on a treasure hunt through the store, and even learned some Irish clogging.
I also never blogged anything about Valentine's Day. I didn't take many pictures, but we did a few fun things in February. The girls and I "heart attacked" our front door and living room (sorry, no good pictures), and we did several fun things for Kendall leading up to Valentine's Day. I'd intended to do something for him for every day of the month, but sickness got in the way and it petered out after Valentine's Day.
Grandma and Grandpa helped the kids make valentines and silly masks one Saturday morning.
And now I'm starting to catch up! For my birthday Kendall said he would get this entire blog printed and bound into a book (a daunting task, since it's over 300 pages long). I had a horrible realization, though. Since starting this blog, I have never blogged about Christmas day. Not in four years! It's always so big of a job that I put it off until it's late and I'm catching up with other posts. So before I let him print this, I'm going to go back and stick in pictures from our Christmases, and hopefully our trip to California last summer. I'll post a quick note on here when I do so at least the grandparents or anyone else interested can go back and look.
1 comment:
What a wonderful gift; you'll love having a book! We started blogging back in 2004 and now have 3 books that we enjoy reading. Matthew in particular gets a kick out of reading stories in the Savage Peanut from when he was toddler.
It will be a family treasure. :)
Post a Comment