Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

We celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday on March 2nd. I was very sick that day (pleurisy symptoms- not fun at all) so our celebrations were very simple, but the kids had fun nonetheless. We ate green eggs for breakfast (they voted for bacon instead of ham, but I drew the line at trying to turn the bacon green), which I let them eat in the living room while watching Cat in the Hat cartoons on a school morning (definitely a special treat), and we read some Dr. Seuss books throughout the day.
We have been hit really hard this winter season, and have literally had someone in the family sick since January. Besides pleurisy, which has taken me several weeks to recover from and I'm still not at 100%, Miriam has been the sickest. She's had a lingering cough since the beginning of January, mostly at night, that the doctors can't figure out the source for, and she's had several instances of multiple days of high fevering (up to 105.8). In her last instance, which started last Wednesday and just broke late last night, the doctors did some more in depth testing. We don't have all of the answers yet, but we did learn that she has had mono. Poor kid. She's missed a lot of preschool, church, and ballet lessons in 2012. Hopefully spring will find us much healthier.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I'm sorry if I accidentally gave your kid mono in the past. Which is possible considering my history with it.