Sunday, March 25, 2012

Celebrating a Decade

Our 10 year anniversary was actually last August. We went out to dinner and on a few small dates that week, but with having just gone to California, the Bond reunion at Bear Lake, working out an overnight babysitter, and school starting, we didn't officially celebrate until January. Despite the fact that I have talked since we first got married about wanting to go on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary, we're trying to save for a new house, and besides being expensive it gets difficult to plan an extended trip away when we have small children. So, someday I will get to go on my cruise, but for this anniversary we stayed at Mom and Dad's timeshare in Salt Lake City, ate out at a much fancier restaurant than we've ever gone to (thank you, Karen, for the Groupon that paid for more than half of our meal!), and we went to see a Brian Regan comedy show. I can't remember the last time I've seen Kendall laugh so much. It was wonderful.

The location of our hotel couldn't have been better. We were able to walk to the Abravanel Hall, and this was the view from our hotel room.

This picture doesn't do it justice, but I loved this elevator. The glass side and the view of Temple Square as you went up was awesome.

We had some time the second day in Salt Lake to do some sightseeing before needing to head back. It's been a while since I've been to see the Church sites in Salt Lake. It was a gorgeous day and we mostly had places to ourselves on a Friday morning.

Happy anniversary, Kendall!

1 comment:

Rob and Marseille said...

sounds like an awesome anniversary to me! (though a cruise would be cool too)