Saturday, September 10, 2011

I May Have Overlooked a Few.....


I missed a few zucchini in the garden and they got really huge before I noticed them. Now my arm is sore from all the grating, and I've still got a few more to do. And yes, that is already grated zucchini in the glass bowl.

I see a lot of zucchini bread, muffins, cake, brownies, casseroles, and even chocolate zucchini shakes (don't knock it until you've actually tried it - you use frozen zucchini so it makes it all slushy, but doesn't taste overly "zucchini-y") in our future. Do you have any good zucchini recipes to share?

3 comments:

Lady Arat said...

my favorite is just cooking zuchinni up with onions. Yum. But how do you make them into a shake? My kids will do zuchinni bread, but the younger three turn their noses up at zuchinni in other forms.

Our little family said...

Do you have a food processor? I LOVE the grating attachment on mine. Grates zucchini in a minute. 5 pounds of cheese is grated in 5 minutes or less! I grated a bunch of huge zucchinis then measured 3 cups into a quart size bag and froze all the baggies. Now we can have zucchini bread all year long. I also love to chop it up and saute it with some sea salt and onion if I have it. So good. I can eat a whole zucchini that way and I never get tired of it. I also cut one into chunks and stew it with fresh tomatoes and you have a chunky fresh tomato sauce. It's very good on egg noodles. Stuffed zucchini is really good too. As either a side dish or a main dish.

Rob and Marseille said...

This is my favorite: http://hflinreallife.blogspot.com/2008/08/zucchini-goulash.html
I also like for the big ones:
http://hflinreallife.blogspot.com/2008/08/zucchini-boats.html
And these are good to add zucchini to:
http://hflinreallife.blogspot.com/2008/10/grandmas-casserole.html
http://hflinreallife.blogspot.com/2008/11/italian-dressing-soup.html