Here is Adriana on the first day of school.
The girls were so sweet walking to school that morning, holding hands together and literally running and skipping in to school.
At Adriana's classroom, pointing to the frog with her name on it.
Answering the question of the day.
In her English classroom.
I mentioned earlier that Adriana has a Chinese teacher. We're fortunate to have a Chinese immersion program here in Provo, starting in first grade, and it just happens to be at our neighborhood school. We decided, and with the recommendation of Adriana's kindergarten teacher, that this would be a good fit for Adriana. Two weeks before school started all of the children attended Chinese camp for a week. At the end of the week there was a short program to show all of the parents what they had learned. This was the first year that they have taught the first graders solely in Chinese during the camp, rather than half Chinese half English to ease them in. I was impressed with all of the things they seemed to have picked up during the week. Here are a few pictures from the program. Grandma and Grandpa were able to come, too.
And while we're on the topic of school productions, and because I never posted about it last May, here is Adriana on the last day of school participating in her school's dance festival. The kindergarteners did the Jell-O dance, where they were all dressed in bright colors with one of the letters spelling out Jell-O. It was adorable. You'll notice that she's in long sleeves. I was actually wearing a sweater that day. Crazy Utah weather.
That brings me to the end of this school post. Miriam hasn't started preschool yet. She'll be going to the Baby Bulldogs program at Provo High. This is the first year since I've had a preschooler that I won't be doing the Mother Goose Time preschool program here in our home. Miriam has such a different temperament than Adriana, and I really think she'll benefit from getting some social interactions with peers away from me. I also highly doubt my ability to run a preschool effectively without Darren killing himself or destroying my home in the process. His latest escapades will wait for another post.....
1 comment:
Wow, you have a first grader!! I hope Adriana enjoys the Chinese program. It sounds really neat. Evelyn is sure enjoying Kindergarten.
Post a Comment