Kind of crazy that for this Mother's Day I'm a mom of three. We're still adjusting to having Darren here, but I already can't imagine our family without him. It's probably because of all of the wonderful support I've had from family and friends after this birth, but I'm really just loving having a newborn and fulfilling my mommy role. It's been so nice having Mom close by and here helping often with the girls, meals, etc.
Kendall was able to take a whole week off from work after Darren was born, which gave us a lot of nice, quiet time together as a family. He was, and is, such a great help. There are moments when Miriam's terrible two's and piercing shrieks make their unwelcome appearances, and I wouldn't mind more sleep at night, but for the most part the transition has been surprisingly smooth. Of course, I'm not brave enough yet to go anywhere outside our house and yard with the three kids by myself, but I imagine I'll gain the courage eventually. :)
I keep waiting for those baby blues to set in, but at least for right now I feel great and (semi?) on top of things. I survived the first week of Kendall going back to work and being home alone with three kids. The house isn't a mess and I'm caught up on laundry, and I've been able to get some gardening done outside. I've decided that spring is definitely the best time to have a baby, when I can be outside every day and it's not too hot. I love this time of year.
Besides breakfast in bed, several homemade cards, chocolates, being sung to in sacrament meeting, and getting to sleep in this morning (thank you, Kendall!), my big Mother's Day present this year was the completion of the fence in our backyard. Several people from the Elder's Quorum came over yesterday to help Kendall finish it. I love it! I think our backyard looks even bigger now that that's done.
On the baby front, Darren is doing very well. He has his two week check-up tomorrow so I'll have some stats to post then, but in the meantime I'm behind on posting pictures of him.
Being one of my babies it's no surprise that he's quickly chunked out. Check out the cheeks and double-chin in this picture!
Darren has been jaundiced so we had to do the bili-lights for a while, but his levels are down to a low risk level now. His poor little feet have scabs all over them from all the pokes to test his biliruben levels. I won't miss all the trips to the hospital to do those tests, and Darren was not a fan of being contained in that bed.
I hope today was just as nice for the other mothers out there. Happy Mother's Day!
6 comments:
He's adorable! Congratulations. Now you get to enjoy all the fun boy things like cars and dinosaurs and rocks and dirt :)
He's absolutely adorable! I love the picture of him in his polar bear jammies. So very cute. Is it weird to have a boy after two girls? I think boy clothes are so cute because I only have experience with girl clothes. :) It's so weird to think of YOU having big babies 'cause you're so tiny!
so first of all...it's about time you blocked out those backyard neighbors!!! haha. It really does look fabulous. the only drawback is that I no longer get to constantly tell Britton we can't go play on the swing set. Okay not the ONLY drawback but then I'm being silly.
I can't believe your little guy is 2 weeks already!!! I mean seriously when did that happen. Well he's gorgeous and your cute new motherly glow is beaming in abundance. You're so cute with him.
Congrats on the babe, congrats on the fence and congrats on getting rid of the bili lights! Those things are miserable.
Let us know if we can do anything!
Suzanne, you're awesome!! Keep up the good work. Darren is a very cute little boy.
Suzanne,
It was such a pleasure to read your blog. I am so happy for you--you have definitely found your niche in life.
cute pictures! (in response to bethany's post, I can't imagine anyone liking dinosaurs more than adrianna.)
Post a Comment