I took Darren in for his two-week checkup on Monday. He weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces, so he's regained his birth weight of 7 pounds even and then gained almost a whole pound more. That weight places him in the 25th percentile. They measured his length at 21 3/4 inches, in the 75th percentile, seeming to indicate that he's grown more than two inches since he was born (we were told he was 19 1/2 inches long). I tend to think that the length at our dr.'s office was more accurate, since he seems tall to us (and such long feet!), and Kendall was skeptical with the number they got when he was born (I didn't see them take it, so I'll take his word on that). Head circumference was 36 cm., in the 25th percentile. Those percentiles are exactly the same that Adriana had at her two week checkup. We actually think that Darren looks a lot like Adriana did as a newborn, except for the dark hair and his nose is similar to Miriam's/ my mom's.
So those are the stats. Darren is almost completely over his jaundice, and except for some noisy breathing that we're going to have an ENT look at, he's a completely healthy little boy. He even slept for a five hour stretch last night. !!!! I can't ask for more than that, with a two-week old baby. :)
Studying with Dad
1 year ago
2 comments:
He's a very handsome fellow. :) What healthy growing numbers too! Congratulations!
yay for stats!
Post a Comment