Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why Adriana Will NOT Be Naming Our Baby

I had my 20 week ultrasound today, where we confirmed without a shadow of a doubt that this baby is going to be a boy. On the ride home I was talking with Adriana about what the baby would be named. She made it very clear that she did not like the name Kendall and I are seriously considering, and she reminded me that she had already decided that the baby's name is going to be Nevermind. When I said that we were definitely not going to be naming the baby Nevermind, Adriana paused and then said, "Then the baby's name can be Butterfly!" Hmmmm...... I really don't think the name Butterfly Nevermind Sawyer has the sort of nice flow I was looking for, not to mention the serious teasing this child would put up with for the rest of his life. I don't think Adriana gets a vote on this one.

7 comments:

Marie said...

Evelyn thought it was amusing, although she also said they did sound like boy names. I guess 4-year-olds just shouldn't have a say. :P

About Ours Good One Home said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations on your little B.N.S.! (The name might grow on you...)

Melissa said...

I'm happy that you are getting your boy! Congrats! Welcome to the world of boys!

Brent and Janae Pickett said...

Suzanne, how is the morning sickness? Are you feeling better?

glassGirl said...

Didn't Quinn want to name Kenzie something ridiculously long that had the words "alligator" and "peanut butter" in it?

jessi said...

Hooray for little boys! It is nice when you find out it is a boy, because there is not much room for error with that finding.

Suzanne said...

Janae: Still sick more days than not, but not nearly as bad as it was (i.e. I can definitely hold down liquids and most foods, I'm just still very sensitive to smells and sometimes just get surprised by being randomly sick). I must admit that I had expected to be past the "sick" phase by 20 weeks, but it's at least manageable now. :)