Thursday, October 8, 2009

When I Grow Up....

During preschool today we were talking about acorns, how they grow in to seedlings, saplings, and eventually large oak trees. We also did an activity talking about what each of the children wants to be when he/she grows up. For those of you who may know all of the children in our preschool, it's probably pretty obvious who said what. Even if you don't, though, can you guess which answer was Adriana's?

When I grow up I want to be.....
-A ninja
-A cheerleading teacher
-A mom who fossil hunts with my kids
-Diego

Yep, that's my girl. I had each of the children draw a picture of themselves grown up. This is Adriana with her two kids, who are both boys (she often tells me that she will only have boy kids when she's a mom, although she only wants girls in our family--I think she may be setting herself up for disappointment). They are each holding shovels.
It's a little difficult to tell now, but here Adriana drew pictures of several dinosaurs (the "fossils"), and then she scribbled all over them because they had to be covered in dirt.

Hey, I am definitely one to advocate that you can have family as a priority, wanting to be a mom, while still keeping your dreams alive. It's easy. Just take the kids along!

3 comments:

glassGirl said...

I know she likes dinosaurs, but my first guess was actually "ninja."

jessi said...

I love this post and activity. Thanks for the idea. How funny with Adriana and what a tribute to you actually.

Rian Krommenhoek said...

So funny. I knew which one was my preschooler right away.