Monday, October 12, 2009

Adriana Night

For family home evening tonight we had an "Adriana night." We had Adriana's favorite dinner (OK, her third choice after being told no to just having "treats" and only having cherries for dinner) and let her choose the family night treat (and nope, not content with brownies from a mix or an ice cream cone--Adriana wanted me to make cherry pie). Then for our lesson we talked about how Heavenly Father has given us families and we were so grateful that Adriana was a part of our family. We talked about the story of her birth and looked at pictures from her life, and then we all talked about things she is good at and things we love about her. We would have gone to the Bean Museum for our activity, per Adriana's request, but Miriam was running a temperature and we had to postpone that part.

Not surprisingly, the evening was a big hit with our 4-year-old. Of course, when I mentioned yesterday what I was planning, Adriana was quick to suggest that we should have an Adriana day and she milked it by asking for a special breakfast, lunch, and convincing me to take the girls to the dinosaur museum before lunch.

Next week we'll have a "Miriam night." Wonder what we'll end up having for dinner?

1 comment:

Marie said...

What a fun idea! I wonder what kinds of things Evelyn would pick if we did that, although I'll find out pretty soon since her birthday is coming up.