Friday, March 27, 2009

It's All Sooooo Magical.....

I lost count of how many times I heard Adriana use the word "magical" the day that we were at Disneyland.

The word "real" was also overused that day ("And that's the real Pooh Bear/Tigger/Pluto/Mickey/Fairy Godmother/princess Sleeping Beauty's castle, etc. And this is Minnie's house, for real. Everything here is real!").


One of our first rides of the day was the King Tritan's carousel at the California Adventure park. Adriana loved the carousel, so we also ended the day with a carousel ride in Disneyland.



Minnie and Mickey's houses in Toontown were a big hit, as well as Donald's boat. A big perk was being allowed to climb on the furniture.

You can't go to Disneyland with small children and not go on the flying Dumbo ride. That was actually the longest line we stood in all day, even though it was only about 35 minutes. Adriana was a fan of being able to control how high we would go ("I want to go higher! Higher!"), and she quickly discovered that she could make the ride much bumpier by pushing the stick up and down as fast as possible.

We went on lots and lots of rides. It was great going with Brandon and Rayell and their family. They kindly volunteered to watch our girls while Kenny and I went on some of the more thrilling rides. My favorites were the Tower of Terror at California Adventure (I've been to Disneyworld twice but for various reasons never went on that ride) and the Indiana Jones ride (they don't have that at Disneyworld). Adriana's favorite ride changes nearly every time I talk to her, but I honestly think that Miriam's favorite thing of the day was getting to ride up on her daddy's shoulders.


This is how Miriam spent the It's a Small World ride. After missing her normal nap at 1:00 she was so tired by late afternoon.



We couldn't leave without a treat from the candy shoppe before heading home. Kendall and I shared one of their famous apple pie candied apples. Yum!


Can you tell we had a full day? Here are the kids right before we left at closing. I know we wore Adriana out, because she actually slept the next day in the car, which is a very rare occurance even late at night. Adriana wore her hat nonstop for at least a week after we got home, even to preschool.

I'm not sure when we'll get back, but Disneyland and the whole California trip were a blast. Adriana is already asking if we can go for her birthday.....

6 comments:

glassGirl said...

The thing ... the creature ... the person in the costume, fourth pic from the top, white hair, blue cape with pink trim ... what is it supposed to be?

Suzanne said...

Octavia, I'm disappointed. You couldn't recognize THE fairy godmother from Cinderella? :)

Rian Krommenhoek said...

I am so glad the sickness moved out and you were able to go. I looks like you had a great trip! It really is a magical place.

Candice McWhorter said...

What a fun adventure!!! It all looks so, dare I say it, "magical"! I'm glad you all ended up feeling good enough to go on your fun trip.

Elizabeth said...

SO JEALOUS! And just today I was craving a road trip. So... where did you get the free ticket to Disneyland? Did you get to use it? I want one! (I've never been to Disneyland or LA, although I've been to California several times.)

Suzanne said...

Disneyland has a promotion right now where a person can get in free on his/her birthday. All you have to do is register online, print it out, and then bring ID with a proof of your birthday. Kendall got a free trip because that was Brandon and Rayell's gift to him (Christmas? birthday? can't remember) when they first moved to L.A., he had just never redeemed it.