I've never had a climber before. Granted, I only have two children, but Adriana was never big into climbing. Even when she did finally figure out how to climb up on something, she was old enough that she understood she wasn't supposed to do it so she'd climb down when I asked, and I always knew what she was getting into because she has a running dialogue or song for whatever activity she's doing (I'd hear from the other room, "And now I'm getting up on to the table, and I'm standing up, and I'm not supposed to be on the table...."). It's been an adjustment having a child now who gets in to things so....well, quietly.
Just this morning I decided that I would probably be OK to take a quick shower, even though both girls were awake. Usually I shower before Kenny leaves for work, or I wait until Miriam is down for her morning nap, but both the girls were playing well together and I figured I could take a really fast shower and just leave the door open so I'd hear the kids if they needed me. In those five minutes, Miriam crawled from the living room to her bedroom, found the diaper bag, opened it, took almost everything out, and found my one tube of lipstick (yes, my favorite one) that was in the bottom. I was impressed that she knew it is supposed to go on the mouth, although it did also get on the carpet, some toys, her onesie, a burp rag she took from the diaper bag, her hands, and the tile floor in the bathroom when she came in to show me. This picture doesn't do it justice.
5 comments:
Would it be mean if I laughed really hard about Miriam climbing on stuff? Both my kids started climbing before they could walk ...
She is so cute. And she sounds a lot like our little man. I figure they're just getting an early start on their olympic training....
Octavia: Oh, I remember how Catherine was such a climber. She was actually the one who taught Adriana how to climb up on the table. I know, I won't get much sympathy from people. She was just such an "easy" baby up to this point...
I love the pics! They're adorable. It was fun watching her discover the stairs at mom and dad's house.
Isn't so fun to watch their personalities develop and realize how different they are from each other? Branson is my little mischivious boy too and Adam is my very obedient one.
Post a Comment