Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Miriam, You Make Me Laugh

-We're showing the house three times today. It's been a bit crazy trying to get ready and keep the house ready - Miriam recently punched out the screen on the front door (Kendall's out buying replacement parts for it right now), Adriana locked the door on our bedroom right before the first person was supposed to arrive and I couldn't get it unlocked (thank you, Kendall, for coming home right in time and knowing the correct tools to use), and now as we're getting ready for person #3 to come, Miriam had a bowl of assorted cereals, crackers, and dried fruit that she somehow threw into the air and scattered its contents all over the study floor. I just looked at the mess and said, "Oh, Miriam...." Her response?

"I have to clean this up or the people won't be impressed!" Hmmm, maybe I should lay off a bit on the frantic wanting to have everything perfectly clean approach to trying to sell a house with small children.


-The other day Miriam walked in on Adriana using the bathroom while she was reading a book. This was not OK in Miriam's world of very clear rights and wrongs. "Adriana, you can't read a book while you go potty! That's awful!"


-And probably my favorite, when we went to the L.A. Zoo last week we went to see the komodo dragon. Miriam peered through the glass and then started looking around in confusion. "He doesn't have any clothes. Where is his kimono?" I couldn't help laughing.

1 comment:

Rob and Marseille said...

cute! oh, guess what- christopher has 2 friends from his kindergarten class- twins: Holland (Holly), and Ashton & they are going to be in the chinese immersion program too! I"m sure you'll meet them and Adrianna and Holland will be good friends