Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day was the day that I hurt my knee, which limited how festive I was willing to be with the kids for the holiday. We all wore green, of course, and I could definitely handle some green food coloring. We had green oatmeal with green milk for breakfast,

made limeade (aka "nectar") and made green hummingbirds with straw beaks to drink it,


made green peanut butter cookies (and yes, in case you are wondering, it does take a lot of green food coloring to turn peanut butter green--they looked greener in real life than the picture shows),

and I don't have pictures but we also made green jigglers and had green waffles with green whipped cream (with some very not green strawberries and bacon) for dinner.

Adriana went on a leprechaun hunt outside and came running inside shouting that she had seen the grass move and it was probably a real leprechaun! She also gathered up all of the sparkly jewelry from the girls' dress up box and made this leprechaun trap.

Hope you had a good St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: