OK, not really, but please don't have any discussions with her about trucks, ducks, quacking, or ribbiting frogs. While I find Miriam's misarticulations very cute most of the time
(even when I need to call in Adriana as a translator), it's awfully shocking to occasionally hear words coming out of her mouth that I don't even hear on T.V. Oh, and don't ask her to sing the song she made up where the chorus is "Jam, jam, jam, I love jam!" (Always sung very enthusiastically.) At least until she stops replacing her "j" sounds with a "d."
She can't figure out why Kendall I bust out laughing at the things she says sometimes.
Studying with Dad
1 year ago
4 comments:
When Johnathan was somewhere between one and two years old, I was on campus with him for some reason, and he saw one of the ROTC students sitting in a hallway. Being in uniform, the student of course had a flag patch on his shirt. Johnathan knew exactly what it was, but was unable to pronounce the "fl" blend, so when he pointed to the student, the word that came out of his mouth had no "l" sound in it at all.
I feel like I always have to "translate" for Edison (even when we're not in public), when he says things that sound like swear words. For example, he says an "f" instead of an "s" at the beginning of s-words, so I often comment on his socks whenever he talks about them.
I know, Marie, I usually do the same thing. After I laugh. And that is why you are probably more mature than I am. :P
maybe you should send some of her stuff in to Yo Gabba Gabba! It would fit right in.
lol!
Post a Comment