Monday, February 15, 2010

My Happy Place

This post is mostly for my sister, Marie, who requested some pictures of our newly decorated nursery. I've never been ready for a baby this early, as least as far as decorating is concerned, and I've also never had a matching nursery set (crib bumper, ruffle, sheets, quilt, rug, laundry hamper, mobile, wall hangings, etc.) to work with before. I've had a lot of fun deciding on a theme, and even though Kenny thought I was silly to ask for the set for an early birthday present when I found it on KSL Classifieds ("But it's not really for you!" Oh, but it is. :), I love it. I don't have a lot of pictures from before, but when the room was Miriam's it was decorated in pink and green, with polka dots all over the walls. The first step was getting those all taken down; luckily, I had two very eager "helpers" to make it go quickly.
The nursery now has a jungle theme. OK, sort of. I do know that animals like giraffes, zebras, and lions do not actually live in a jungle, so I guess we'll say it's more of a "wild animal" theme.
The girls were excited to look for stuffed animals that they could "share" with their new little brother. While we still could change our minds, for now the name we are leaning toward is Darren Kendall Sawyer. I made the letters for the wall and a new lampshade with some of the animal print fabric my mom is using to make a baby quilt.
There are only a few more details left to finish. The baby quilt from my mom will eventually hang on the wall above the changing table.
I will also be changing the picture collage in the green frame to pictures of the baby after he's born, the birth stats, his footprint, etc. (as opposed to pictures from when Kendall and I were first married).
I don't let the girls play in this room, so it actually stays clean. When I need some quiet I like to go in there and curl up on the chair with a good book. For now, it is my happy place. :)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. The nursery looks so cute! And I'm impressed that you even have his name up already. :)

Rob and Marseille said...

I am very impressed!