Over Fall Break the kids and I went up with my mom to visit my grandparents in Kaysville and Ogden. I hadn't been to see Grandpa since he's been in his assisted living home. It was nice to visit with him.
We also got to pick apples at GG and Popper's house. I'm not sure exactly how many pounds we picked because my mom and Christine took some of them, but I estimated that I had about 40 pounds of apples that I kept. So far I've made crockpot applesauce and several batches of apple carrot muffins. I foresee apple jam, dehydrated apples, apple waffles, more applesauce, and maybe some apple crisp or pie in our near future.
On the way home from Ogden we were able to stop at Christine's house. She very graciously shared some of her pumpkins with us. I haven't put up Halloween decorations (they need some repairs after the move), but at least we're looking a bit more seasonal.
And for some exciting news, those pictures were taken just as Darren and Clara and I got back from taking a WALK around the block. It's the first walk I've been able to go on since breaking my foot nearly two months ago. Hurray for finally getting good news from the doctor this morning!
And hurray for not needing this any more!
I'm now off the crutches and can start with some strengthening, range of motion, and eventually balance exercises. I am definitely motivated to work hard on those exercises, because I am more than willing to be able to drive again! Hopefully in another week or two. I'm also grateful that I'll be able to go trick-or-treating with the kids without having to hobble around on crutches or use my really nifty scooter.
Studying with Dad
1 year ago
2 comments:
Grandpa looks so happy in those pictures. Glad you were able to go see him. :)
And that is so great about your foot and your walk! I'm happy for you that things are getting better.
Oh, and are all of those pumpkins from Christine's garden?!
All the pumpkins but the biggest three on my steps were from Christine (kids got those at the pumpkin patch last week with Grandma).
Post a Comment