Our family celebrated the Chinese New Year in January. It seemed appropriate, as Adriana is immersed in the Chinese language at school this year. We had a fun culture night for family home evening, with a neighbor friend invited. Adriana shared things about China and the Chinese New Year that she had learned at school, and we had fun sampling several different kinds of Chinese food and eating dinner on the floor with chopsticks. Don't let Adriana's grumpy faces fool you - she really did have a good time when the camera wasn't pointed at her. Darren did surprisingly well as he ate with his chopsticks. It was a fun evening and I think will become a new tradition for our family.
We had a gift card someone had given us for a Chinese restaurant, so we actually bought everything (although I made my own rice). Next year I want to try making everything from scratch, though.
When we created this blog, Adriana was going through a phase where the question "cuz why?" would follow nearly any comment made by another person. There are certainly moments in life when we might ask ourselves that very question, but our four beautiful children definitely give us plenty of 'cuz why reasons to stop and enjoy the adventures each day brings.
2 comments:
fun! did you make the food homemade, or get stuff from the store. i'd be curious in your recipes
We had a gift card someone had given us for a Chinese restaurant, so we actually bought everything (although I made my own rice). Next year I want to try making everything from scratch, though.
Post a Comment