It was Adriana's turn to give a lesson during family home evening last Monday. Usually Kendall or I do the lessons, but occasionally we'll have Adriana take a turn because it's good practice. Typically when she is asked to do the lesson I will sit down with her and help her plan, but this Monday things got away from me and it was already time for dinner when I realized that we hadn't prepared anything together. When I mentioned the lesson she quickly said, "I have a lesson already. It's about dinosaurs!" She had collected a stack of books about dinosaurs and had her play dinosaurs all ready to go. I reminded her that an FHE lesson needs to be about a gospel topic, to which she answered, "It
is. We can talk about who made the dinosaurs!" Hmmm, I couldn't really argue with that logic so I decided to let it go. It was a very.....interesting lesson, but with several redirecting questions from myself and Kendall we were able to show that even a discussion about dinosaurs can be spiritual. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment