Besides becoming a very vocal backseat driver ("A yellow light means slow down, Mom!"), Adriana has also decided that she needs to direct traffic in front of our house. We have plenty of cars that speed down our road, so there have been many opportunities for Adriana to shout out the window, "Stop, cars, stop!" while she's holding up her traffic light.
She was only further encouraged when the first time she tried it (holding up a yellow light and informing all the cars that they needed to "slow down!"), the first car to drive by actually did slow down in order to turn around. Here's her look of surprise when her first attempt at directing traffic was so successful:
2 comments:
I love the handmade traffic sign. Such a great idea. Abram would love one, so I will have to make one of those! Thanks for the idea.
I love the surprised look on Adriana's face. Priceless.
Your blog reminded me of something I heard on the radio recently. They were talking about the problem of cars speeding through school zones, and they shared a solution that one town came up with (I think it was in England). There were two stages to the plan. First, they had a bunch of the kids make smily and frowny faces, and they stood on the sidewalk in front of the school with a policeman, who would tell them to show their smily faces when the cars were going slow enough, and frowny faces when they were speeding. In the second stage, the cops would pull over those who were speeding and made them explain to the elementary school kids why they were endangering their lives.
Needless to say, the number of violators in that town decreased. I thought it was a good idea.
Post a Comment